It is with great regret that I must announce the cancellation of Delta Model United Nations 2016. Due to low registration, the Secretariat has made the decision to cancel the conference. We strive to provide the best possible experience, and we did not want to fall short of our promise by providing a MUN that did not meet our highest standards.
All schools have been notified of DelMUN’s cancellation, so please contact your vice-principal about registration refunds. We encourage all delegates to continue pursuing their path to diplomacy and excellence, and we hope you continue to stay involved in your passion.
The DelMUN conference is quickly approaching, and the Secretariat is excited to welcome Delta students to Burnsview. In order to help delegates and schools prepare, the Secretariat has put together a list of a few key points:
- DelMUN will be held on Friday, April 29. Students are responsible for their own transport.
- Each delegate must pay a $15 registration fee. Each school is in charge of collecting from their delegates and forwarding payment to the Burnsview Model United Nations Club.
- Delegates can register by filling out this form. Online registration deadline is Thursday, April 14. Payment for registration is not due until Friday, April 22.
- The conference will begin at 8:30 a.m. and close at 5:00 p.m. Delegates should arrive early to sign-in. For more detailed information, please see the Conference page.
- For more information on the committees and their background guides, please see the Committees page.
- Delegates should come prepared with their own research. Research resources and committee handbooks can be found on the Documents page.
- Delegates are asked to bring their own lunch and snacks. Beverages will be supplied.
- DelMUN holds a respectful standard of Western business attire.
- There is no limit to how many delegates each school can send.
April 29, 2016, Burnsview Secondary School
Burnsview Secondary School is proud to host Delta Model United Nations (DelMUN). DelMUN will be Delta’s first-ever Model United Nations, open to students from all secondary schools in the Delta School District. DelMUN aims to encourage students to explore and immerse themselves in world diplomacy. We believe that today’s students are tomorrow’s leaders. In order to prepare students to be well-rounded and diverse leaders, we hope to inspire our delegates to become involved, educated, and passionate about shaping their futures. We offer the opportunity for students to connect with like-minded individuals to build a network while engaging in pressing modern-day issues. DelMUN brings together high school students who are dedicated to ensuring our world works together to bring about global change.
Please check the website for updates and contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or concerns.